- Is the effectiveness of API CO2 BOOSTER™ product diminished by aeration and/or water circulation like CO2 gas?
No, API CO2 BOOSTER product is an organic compound, not a gas.
- Why can API CO2 BOOSTER™ product be dosed daily, but API LEAF ZONE™ plant fertilizer is only dosed weekly?
API CO2 BOOSTER product breaks down chemically to supply carbon to plants within 24 hours, thus the reason for re-dosing every 24 hours. The organic compound slowly breaks down over the 24 hour period, allowing the plants to absorb what they need. Meanwhile, API LEAF ZONE plant fertilizer is stable in the water until the nutrients are utilized by the plants, allowing for a weekly dose.
- Can API CO2 BOOSTER™ product be used with shrimp?
Yes, API CO2 BOOSTER product is safe for use with shrimp. Dosing directions should be followed.
- Does the effectiveness of API CO2 BOOSTER™ product change with the different levels of KH or any other water parameters?
No, it does not. There is not enough chemical change in the water to effect water parameters.
- Will the required amount of API CO2 BOOSTER™ product vary based upon the number of plants in an aquarium?
No, simply dose according to the instructions, and you’ll get great results.